I am a cinematographer and camera owner based in Brooklyn NYC, and I want to shoot your next film or music video that gets into major festivals!
Partial equipment list: https://www.sharegrid.com/p/ryan_mooney?type=rent
My Principles as a Cinematographer:
1. Treat every project with a fresh pair of eyes.
2. The director's vision comes first, but the best projects are made through creative collaboration.
3. Keep an open mind about what the best approach may be and communicate if something about the shot or the scene feels off.
4. The camera is just a capture device with a certain number of technical limitations. Lenses, filters, composition, lighting, and movement create most of the look.
5. Make each shot consistent with the look and feel of the piece. Understand the edit. Know which shots are cuttable or condensable.
6. Respect and trust crew. Crew up with good people.
7. Stay on time, stay on budget. Pre-light whenever possible. We're all on the same team.
8. Have fun! We have the best jobs in the world. Share the work when we're done.